Friday, August 12, 2011

What can you say about my current status as a college freshman?

I am a computer engineering student, and I'm studying at a computer college (I would not like to specify the name for privacy) here in the Philippines. I graduated from a science high school here in our province. As many people know, the curriculum in schools like that are more advanced than national high schools'. So I used to experience a slightly "advanced learning", if you know what I mean. Then when our classes have started, the lessons introduced to us were a bit easy than expected. I looked forward for some harder lessons, but what I got are the basic ones. I am kind of disappointed until now and I have nothing else to do but to adapt with the education they give. Besides, I think the essence of college education are those killer essays, brain twisting math problems, etc. but I guess it really depends on your school. My solution is to not just rely on everything that the school will offer, I will challenge myself and push harder for further education. Good thing there's the internet with lots of websites that can help me with their learning resources. And another thing, the reason why I want to challenge myself is to unleash more of my hidden potentials and to be competent.

No comments:

Post a Comment