Friday, August 12, 2011

Questioning my doctor's expertise, can anyone help?

Today I went for a physical with my family doctor. He's a good doctor in the sense that he's compassionate and listens instead of rushing me out the door, but I feel that sometimes he dismisses questions that I have claiming "that's just the way you are" and things like that when I have serious concerns, and it frustrates me. For example, I was telling him that I've been having numbness in my legs pretty frequently lately and it feels like I may have a circulation problem. He looked concerned at first and then felt my legs asking if I felt any pain, and when I said no he said "Well I don't see that it's an issue then". Also, I have these very prominent white spots all over my arms and legs. I've heard that it could be either a pigment deficiency or some type of fungus, and when I asked him he just looked at it and said "no, that's just the way you are". Am I asking stupid questions or something? I feel like he's treating me like a hypochondriac when I hardly even go to the doctor. Should I listen to him and dismiss it or get a second opinion? He won't send me to a dermatologist for the white spots. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment